King Solomon International Business School (King Solomon) is an all through school, for students aged 4 to 19. Being an all through school enables King Solomon to:
- track the children’s progress from age 4 to age 19
- provide effective support for each child as we will get to know them well as learners, from age 4 onwards
- create a shared educational ethos throughout our students schooling experience
- accommodate a wide breadth of activities for Gifted and Talented pupils and those with Special Educational Needs
- have consistent pastoral care
In addition, being part of an all through school means that primary students will avoid the unsettling transition between the primary and secondary stages, avoid the usual dip in enthusiasm and achievement and go up to the secondary phase with an established group of friends, and have access to specialist teaching that they don’t usually get in primary schools i.e. secondary phase specialisms, resources and facilities to include specialist science, PE, music, language, sports hall, dance and drama studio, multi use games area.
Secondary pupils are given opportunities to: develop their leadership skills, read with primary students, run clubs and activities and act as mentors for younger students.
Each phase of the school has its own phase specialist Head of Phase i.e. Primary, Secondary and Sixth Form. The school is located on one site with separate sections for each phase, including separate playgrounds, thus preventing the younger ones from being overwhelmed.